So I have been in Espana for about a week now. I have to say that the homesickness has not sent in yet at all. I am really loving this country. The people, the food, the fashion, the scenery is all exquisite. I arrived in Madrid and met up with my fellow ISA study abroad participants. We then toured Madrid and visited an art museum. I was so ecstatic to be able to witness the original Guernica paintingby Picasso.
Then our group moved on to Toledo. The first night there I decided to stay in and catch up with family and friends via facebook. However, the second night I explored the town. I first noticed that all of the Cab drivers drive their Mercedes Benz as their cab. NICE!! I loved being chauffeured around in a Mercedes!
So at the nightclub there was plenty of music playing and a few couples sitting at tables talking with each other. My girls and sat down and started our own conversation. After about an hour, twenty more guys and girls entered the night club.They were clearly a tipsy from prior drinks. Some of them took to the dance floor while other chatted amongst themselves.
Apparantly the spanish don't agree with getting drunk to the point where you dance or act crazy. To them that is being an irresponsible drinker. Thus, the frowns and glares toward the american group began and my girls and I decided to leave.
First lesson, be a responsible classy drinker. Not a hott mess!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes that is a true point about how to be classy. One of the major issue we have when the Navy travels to these foreign ports. Americans getting very drunk to the point it's embarrassing. Apart from that, I am very happy that you are getting to see what a beautiful place Spain is. Continue to enjoy.
ReplyDelete