Monday, October 12, 2009







Hola or Bon Dia as they say in Portugal.

This past weekend I went to Portugal and experienced some of the Portugese culture. It was an extremely fun vacation from my busy school life in Spain. We stayed at a beautiful hotel called AquaLuz. It was an amazing hotel with a waterfront view.
I visited a few local beaches where I was able to work on my tan. The beaches here allow swimmers to go topless and there were a few ladies out there. It was funny to watch some of the boys in our group stop dead in their tracks because of boobs.
I have an interesting story about some of the other foreigners that visit Portugal. I was waiting with my friend to sit down for lunch at a little restaurant on the beach and I could over here a group of men talking about me. They were speaking english but I could not recognize there accent. Anywa, they kept saying " My she has an interesting skin color. It is very beautiful. It is so interesting."
This is not the first time someone has been enfatuated with my skin color here. A week before my trip I was walking home one night with my rommate. As we passed these guys drinking at an outside bar. One leans over to speak to us as we pass by to say " I like... Brrrown Giurrrls." I thought it was funny and flattering at the time, but it also made me think, "What is this enfatuation with my skin color?"
I came over here to see what it is like to live in a country that I thought didn't really recognize ones skin color. Even though I receive positive recognition it is still interesting how my skin color is still what people notice first.
Anywho, that was a subject that has been on my mind for a while. So, I thought I would blog about it. Thanks for listening.

Oh yes, back to Portugal. SO, I decided to go on a sailboat ride that included swimming, visiting the caves along the beach, and Sangria (hence why we called it the booz cruise.) It was a great adventure and it could not have been amore perfect day. The water was a bright blue and was so clear that you could see the ocean floor. I have not seen ocean water like that since my trip to Bermuda ten years ago.
(By the way, pictures and videos of my adventures can be found on my facebook page. )
Portugese food is okay, it is very similar to American food in many ways. Burgers, fries, etc. I heard the seafood is very tasty but since I am not a fan of seafood I can neither deny or confirm that information. Of course they had sea food dishes, but as I mentioned earlier seafood is not my type of dish.




Lagos, the city itself, is a place that I would consider suitable for couples, families, and senior citizens who are looking to travel. There is a great bar called the nah nah bah, that has wonderful food with a jamaican atmoshpere ( I felt right at home.)
it was a great time and I was able to get gifts for my family there so I am satisfied. thanks for reading until next time.

Obragada (Adios)!

No comments:

Post a Comment