Saturday, December 5, 2009

Goooaaalll !!!!

As my time here in Sevilla winds down, I am scrambling to experience things that I won't be able to do at home. This afternoon I heard about a soccer match that was to happen in the evening. I realized that I had yet to attend a "futbol" game in Europe. So, with a little financial help from my pops I was able to buy my ticket. Thus my adventure began.

First, before I entered the stadium I absolutely had to comprar some Sevilla futbol attire. Hey, " when in Rome do as the Romans do." And the Romans had their Sevilla team sports apparel on in full force. So, you know I had to cop a sueter and scarf to represent my city! Then, I went to find my sit. To my surprise I picked a really good section. I was in the fifth row from the field and dead center. NICE!
The game was an interesting experience both on the field and in the stands. For one, I soon realized why soccer does not need cheerleaders. The fans in the stands literally chanted the entire game! And I mean the fans in the whole stadium! They were actually better than many cheerleading squads that I have seen. On the field, the game moved so fast.
Also, I never realized how quickly these players can cross a field. It is ridiculous! And the effort they put in to playing the game is unmatched in my mind. It also helps that the game rarely has pauses. I mean they sometimes change players, but even that only happened twice. So there was constant excitement for me while watching this game.

The fans were pretty funny in that they take this game extremely seriously. Everytime Sevilla almost scored but missed, it was if someone in their family had just died. One guy kept banging and beating on the bilboard sign behind us. I almost made a decison to move because he seemes a little violent.
All in all, I am super happy that I got to see this game. I really enjoyed myself! Thank you Dad, Thank you Jay.
Oh and we (Sevilla) tied with the other team 1-1. Excellent game!

Hasta luego todos!
Mone Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment