Monday, November 30, 2009

Gobble gobble!

Thanksgiving Day! I was a little worried about spending this holiday in Spain without my friends and family. But, in the end it turned out to be very special and a lot of fun. Enrique, one of the directors with the ISA program here in Spain, got together with the finest hotel in Sevilla and gave them thanksgiving recipies to put together. The result was a tasty dinner with my new friends.

Of course, since Spain does not have a Thanksgiving holiday I did not have the day off from classes. Therefore, I attended all five classes between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm.

Around 6:45 pm I get a call from my mom and dad. They have mi abuelo en la linea! For the first time ever in my life I am able to have my own conversation con mi abuelo. It was great. But now I see where my sarcasm comes from. Go figure! Anyway, I wished him a Happy Thanksgiving and ask him when he is coming to visit the states again. He says soon. He then asks me how much do I want in a money order! Lol, I have no idea why he does that every time I speak to him. Then, I asked if I could come stay with him for the summer. Of course he said sure!

That was the afternoon. My night started out with everyone getting dressed up in their formal attire. We all met at the dining area around 8:45 pm (of course those of you who know me already know that I was late ;o] )Everyone looked very beautiful. As my friends and I sat at the table, I think we realized that this gig was going to be special. So, to start, we went around the table and everyone gave one serious reason why they were thankful and one silly reason.

My reason was that I was thankful for being able to come to Spain and visit the countries that I have been to. My silly reason was that I was thankful for the plentiful wine that was sitting on our table because I had an extremely tough European Union quiz earlier that day ( haha, una broma).

Dinner was delicious. Our hotel did an excellent job. our main course was either chicken or turkey ( pretty sure it was chicken) with gravy, a side of mashed potatoes, and a signed of cooked veggies. The cranberry sauce was thick and had a hint of spices to it. Mmmm, it was divine. My dish was finished off by a glass of full body red wine ( Yes, I am well over 21 so calm down.)

After dinner, I headed to Calle Betis for cocktails with the girls. Of course this street was packed with Americans out for Thanksgiving night. I then return home around 1:30 am. I was awaken to a phone call from my friend asking where I was and that I need to come to the local discoteca and dance Thanksgiving night away.


This is the great thing about Spain. It is much like New York City, the night never ends. So I get up and head out. I dance the night away and around 6 am I head home. Thus, my Thanksgiving is officially over. Next, the recovery from being up an antire day and night begins. This was the best Thanksgiving ever!
Ciao Todos!
Mone Gonzalez " Monia"





No comments:

Post a Comment