Friday, November 20, 2009

Movies,strikes, and book fairs! Oh My!

!Que un dia interesante en Seville !
Today started out with a class period of watching the filming of the movie "Night and Day." They had the stunt cars and extras in front of our school. Since our profesora was very excited about this she allowed us to watch while they began filming.
So we eventually got our class work finished and left for home. On the way, my rommate and I passed another scene that was getting ready to be filmed. There was a mini cooper hooked up with all the necessary stunt gear and more luxury cars for the movie. OF course, we did the american thing and posed by the cars. It was okay though, because the spanish girls next to us found it funny and began doing the same thing.
After we walked past our photo session at the second scene my roommate and I finally passed through plaza nueva. To our surprise there were taxis blocading the whole street. Then I remembered my Profesor telling me that there is a cab strike going on today. It was funny to me because they were blocking the streets that everyone uses to enter in to plaza nueva. A plaza that is very popular because of its access to shopping.




This strike of cabbies spilled out in the main interesection infront of the bridge. There was a city bus stuck in the middle of this fiasco that the police had to help maneuver out of its situation. Also, there were people who needed to get to the movie set that could not drive in to the plaza for the filming. As I kept walking the strike spilled out in to a major blvd. This was begining to even irritate the police directing traffic. Here is the problem . I have no idea what they were protesting! Instead of the cabbies walking around posting signs or chanting demands they stood around smoking and laughing. I mean how are we suppose to know your purpose of protesting if you dont say what it is. (LOL) It was very entertaining to watch.

So, now I am off to a bookfair that is going on in the center of Plaza Nueva. If anything interesting happens during this entertaining day, while I am there, I will definately add to my blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment